A half day course looking at the safe handling in manual labour. This workshop looks to give participants a wider understanding of frequent manual handling, enabling a more efficient, and above all else, safer workflow.
Employees whose job involves a significant amount of manual handling, including frequent or repetitive handling of light loads and the handling of particularly large or heavy loads. It is also appropriate for persons holding supervisory roles.
What will be covered?
- Regulations and responsibilities of Manual Handling
- Causes and prevention of back pain and other musculoskeletal injuries
- Key principles of good body movement and manual handling techniques applicable to a given workplace requirements
- Procedures for identifying and assessing key factors that increase the risk of manual handling injuries
- Strategies to reduce the risk of manual handling injuries including the use of ergonomics